Contribute an article or become a columnist on Small Biz – Resources
- Do you have a unique business niche you specialize in?
- Are you looking to share your insight and gain exposure?
- Do you feel you can improve startups and small businesses by educating others and sharing your knowledge?
We are always on the lookout for inspired writers who are devoted to educating entrepreneurs with tips and how to articles.
Benefits of contributing to Small Biz – Resources
- Your articles will receive broad exposure, promoted to more than 27,000 friends on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Stumbleupon and LinkedIn combined. Small Biz – Resources receives more than 27,000 page views per month.
- The Small Biz – Resources community is highly responsive through comments on the site and the social networking pages, creating a rewarding experience all around.
- We encourage writers to submit a bio with a photo with themselves. Most contributors note that featuring their writing on Small Biz – Resources increases traffic to their website. Having exposure turns into revenue by selling more products, getting speaking engagements, and consulting clients.
Writing Guidelines for Small Biz – Resources —> It is About Quality
If you would like to submit an article to be published onto Small Biz – Resources follow the instructions below for consideration. Only articles that meet these criteria will be considered for publishing.
- IMPORTANT – All articles submitted must include original content and may not contain text previously published word for word elsewhere online. In other words, original content means that your article may not have been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not verbatim incorporate any sections taken from previously published articles. Any form of duplicate content will not be tolerated. For this reason Small Biz – Resources does not publish press releases.
- The article must contain useful relevant content to engage the readers of Small Biz – Resources. Material readers will find useful include offering practical information that will help readers address similar challenges regarding starting and running a small business.
- The article must be written in American English, between 600 to 2700 words, grammatically correct, and well-written.
- The article must not include affiliate links.
- Reserve self promotion to your bio unless the article focus is on a business, an event, a course, or a workshop.
- The article may include one direct link to your website in the last paragraph or the brief author’s bio; which will be published at the end of the article. Please note that links in the articles and bios may be subject to deletion or made to be a nofollow link with our discretion and under the following circumstances:
– Too many links within the article
– Links which are not following Google guidelines
– Affiliate links
– Links that are not appropriate to the subject matters.
Currently we are giving special consideration to articles written about the following topics:
- Tax Breaks for Small Business
- Dealing with Yelp as a Small Business
- VOIP Solutions for Small Business
- Webinar Solutions
- Backup Recovery Solutions for Small Business
- Hard Drive Data Recovery
- Quick Book Tips
- Help Desk Software
- Shopping Cart Software
- Pinterest Tips for Small Business
- LinkedIn Tips for Small Business
- Crisis Management, When Your Company Gets Bad PR
To discuss article ideas or becoming a columnist please email
Joanna Jana Laznicka firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Submit Your Articles
- Send your article in Microsoft Word Document to email@example.com
- If this is your first time submitting an article to Small Biz – Resources include a bio, 60 words or less, at the bottom of the post and a photo of yourself as an attachment.
- Send all images as a jpeg email attachment.
We will do our best to respond to everyone who submits an article. Please take note that it may take up to two weeks to receive an initial response. Articles may be sent back with questions/comments to expand on parts, and we may edit/change the title or content before publishing on Small Biz – Resources.
Updated 8/18/2013 – This page/ writers guidelines are subject to change at anytime.