It is difficult to improve a company’s performance without internal and outside feedback. It doesn’t matter what size the company is from a two man startup to a multi-national public company feedback is the backbone to improvement.
One of the roles of a good founder or managers of a company is to improve performance and to make a difference. Understanding feedback and mastering method of what to do with it is an important part of a company being successful.
Below we have outlined the steps of getting feedback and how to use the feedback to improve performance effectively.
- Define required performance
- Measure actual performance by getting feedback
- Compare actual standard against desired standard
- Identify deviation
- Analyze cause of deviation
- Program corrective action
- Implement corrections in a timely manner
To make feedback work effectively, these simple tips of getting feedback and analyzing it will help.
- Listen effectively to feedback without giving an opinion, reason or clarity to the person giving feedback. You will learn more from listening to their reason then explaining why.
- Understand the objectives and how the company, team, individuals, services or products are to be measured on their success or failure from the feedback
- Once you get the feedback clarify the overall direction and the strategy of the company to achieve its objectives and improve where the company seemed weak from the feedback.
- Invest time in developing and agreeing upon objectives and standards or performance with the team and or individuals to achieve better performance moving forward.
- Concentrate on proprieties of work
- Ensure the company and it managers prioritizing objectives and tasks
- Manage effectively the work within the team to achieve better feedback in the near future.
- Recognize expertise or successful products and services the companies has from the feedback
With the above simple tips and steps on improving performance of a company and it’s products or services a company get ahead. If you have any further tips regarding feedback please share them with us below in the comment section.